Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ranting

We all have our favorite "Superhero" and usually the top choices for most people would be Spider-man, Superman, Batman, Wolverine, Gambit, Ice Man, etc...but my all time favorite Superhero has got to be Colossus. I mean come on, who wouldn't wanna be the most physically strongest X-Men hero? He is able to transform himself being engulfed by a metallic body making him pretty much indestructible. Fuck yea I would like that!! His powers and abilities caught my attention and loved this fool ever since. My love for this Hero started as a child while playing one of the best 'beat em up' arcade games of all time. The X-Men Arcade Game.[Other honorable mentions are The Simpsons and Ninja Turtles]

This was a 6 player multi-player arcade game, how EPIC! As 6 players wasn't enough, the player choices were to pick from one of six X-Men: Cyclops, Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, or Dazzler. Time and time again, I would choose Colossus because he was so strong and his special ability was unmatched. He created an aoe (area of effect) attack that killed anyone it touched. I could play this game until all my quarters ran out, man that was good times.



I am ranting about this because this discussion came up with some friends and I would like to justify myself through this post. Colossus in some way like me; posed as shy a character, honest and innocent. [haha, you might think] But his back story is pretty interesting as well. I believe that this character does not get enough attention, because when he appeared in the X-Men movies it was so lame it made me mad and disappointed. I know that his role with the X-Men is not an integral part but as far as the arcade went, it was Kitty who was kidnapped and they both had mutual feelings for each other. Sheesh, there is nothing left to say but no matter what he will remain to be my all time favorite [X-Men] Superhero.




Listenin To:
<a href="http://lioncreative.bandcamp.com/album/ftw">Lesson 1 by Lion</a>

No comments: