Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sublime to NY

In aesthetics, sublime is the quality of greatness or vast magnitude, whether physical, moral, intellectual, metaphysical, aesthetic, spiritual or artistic. While listening to the band Sublime, I cannot get over the fact that [to me] it means travelling or road trip music. In about 30hrs or so, I will be on the other side of the U.S. in New York. Heading there solo this time, is an experience in itself and gives me a chance to feel independent. (until I meet up with my mom and brother, that is) Whenever I travel somewhere alone, whether it be driving or biking to a destination near or far, I always take it as an opportunity to explore and do it my way, however I see it fit.

Today for example, I had to run an errand in Costa Mesa. Here, I took full advantage of my location and went to the LAB, and then to Mitsuwa Marketplace. After that, headed back home from the 405N-605N to stop by and grab some free ice cream @ Ben & Jerry's.

With that being said, I wonder what kind of new adventures I could have alone when travelling to NY. All it takes for me is curiosity and willingness to do something. Excited as I am, I don't expect an extra ordinary time while in NY. But just a chance to live life there as a commoner, living amongst the locals. My perception of the life in NY, tends to be that of 'lastnightsparty' because even though it captures only the most captivating scenes that could sum up a whole night, I wish to be among these people and gather with them. Enjoy life as they do and fuck anyone who tries to disrupt their fun.
I am who I am regardless of who shall want to stand by me; I accept myself. I wish to be alone at times so I can take a step back and ponder life. Where I want to be in the near future and how to achieve it. Being alone isn't emptiness, it's a chance to figure out who you are and what makes you. I apologize for the rambling, I don't know how my mind wandered off like that...So stopping now before another paragraph produces is a good idea. I'll end it off with a little something I thought of when listening to Sublime.

by the Rivers of Babylon I Smoke Two Joints like a Badfish cuz love is What I Got like a Boss DJ; Santeria Caress Me Down not the Wrong Way like Date Rape at the Pawn Shop in Garden Grove on April 29, 1992.


No comments: